- We had quite a storm last week. Rain, thunder, lightning and hail (something that doesn’t often happen in these parts) about the size of a quarter.
|White dots = Hail|
- Jim and I drove to Detroit on Friday so that I would know exactly how to get to jury duty. I feel much better about it. Since I’ll have to be there at 7:45am, I’m not as worried about the morning traffic (because I will leave early and get there early – that’s just how I roll). If I have to stay all day, I’m not too thrilled about the traffic going home. Yikes! But I’ll deal. When I called to see if I had to report on Monday (this morning) the recording told me that I was NOT to report on Monday, but to call back Monday evening after 6pm. I look at it as one less day that I’ll have to drive down there.
- Feeling better about driving to the court building in Detroit will never ease my fear of city driving. Mind you, I can and have driven around the state of Michigan and outside of the state of Michigan. It only bothers me to drive in big cities. I don’t like to drive, but will happily do it…just not in big cities if I can avoid them. I start getting what I believe could be a full blown panic attack even just being in the car. I try to control it. I do not like it. I just can’t stop that panicky feeling.
- The court building is on Lafayette and so is John K. King Used and Rare Books so of course we had to stop. Jim and I spent the last half hour that they were open browsing. Believe me, you can spend hours there (and we have).
|My haul from the John King Bookstore! 🙂|
- Then Jim spent the next hour driving around Detroit. I don’t know why. Traffic was terrible and there were tons of people, both of which made me nervous. He wanted to have dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, but it was packed so we left.
- We also stopped at a Border’s Books and bought a couple of books for Jamie’s classroom, a couple of books for Jamie, a couple of books for Brittany, and a couple of books for me. That was a fun stop. Sorry that Border’s is closing though…
- Re: Simple Sunday and the antique photos that I have been posting. No, they are not family photos although I have very few of those and do share them on occasion. Yes, I do collect antique photos (of babies and children) and I thought it would be neat to share them through my blog. If there’s any name, location, etc. on them I will include that. It was also suggested that I check out Dead Fred and I may just do that this winter when things slow down.
- On Saturday if anyone was trying to get into my blog and saw a message about a possible malware or virus, I had to unfollow the blog that was named and unlink my blog from his. I know it wasn’t intentional and thought that I would simply get back in and follow him when he discovered it and fixed it. I tried this morning to get into his blog thinking maybe it was back to normal and got the same message. Just so you know that my blog is still not linked to his and is safe.
- Last week, I helped my daughter set up her classroom. It seemed as if no one had weeded through the contents of the room in many (many) years. It needed doing and is now (almost) done. It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed it. I try to offer suggestions only when she asks for them and I know I’m not always successful. 🙂 She told me that she had a dream the other night that we were both working in her classroom and, while her back was turned, I moved a couple of very heavy, almost impossible to move shelving units by myself. When she turned around, I had singlehandedly rearranged her room and not to her liking. I think it means that she thinks I offer my opinion too often…
- Yesterday I had an errand to run which involved both of my kids. I cannot remember the last time just the three of us went out together, certainly not since Jon was in high school and he’s 22 now. I mean they’re both grown with lives of their own so I don’t expect it to happen. We accomplished our mission, which I thank both my children for because it takes a small burden off of Jim and I. We then went to lunch, compliments of my daughter (thanks Jamie ☺). Applebee’s – Yum for the Strawberry Mojito which my son suggested. Thanks kiddos!