And that’s exactly what I’m talking about today —
- My chicks are growing like crazy and they give me a chuckle each and every day. I never thought having chickens would bring me a little joy (and a lot of stink) but they do.
- We spent the evening last night at our son’s house. Just the five of us celebrating Brittany’s (Jon’s girlfriend) birthday. She’s a Fourth of July baby. Chinese take-out, birthday cake and nursing school bday presents for Brittany (we’re happy that she’s starting nursing school this fall☺). We’re a kind of low-key family, not overly demonstrative, but I hope Brittany knows that we do love her!
- One year ago today (well tomorrow if you go by the date, but it was Tuesday), we left to head to Mankato, Minnesota and LauraPalooza. Beyond Little House is having a LauraPalooza event this week into next, looking back at last year’s LauraPalooza and forward to next year’s. I will be sharing a memory or two next week over there and a little more in depth right here (because I may tend to go on and on☺)
- Also on Beyond Little House last week, I posed a question: “What kind of fan are you?” regarding what, as a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan, might you collect, if anything besides the “Little House” books. My collecting has evolved over the years from books, to knickknacks, to antiques of items mentioned in the books or that Laura, herself, may have had. I have a hankering to talk about it more in depth here because, as I mentioned above, I tend to go on when in comes to LIW. Is anyone interested in seeing and hearing more about my collection here on this blog?
- Every year wrens nest in the same birdhouse in our backyard. They are my very favorite birdsong to listen to and one of the reasons I don’t have a/c, so that I can have my windows open…especially early in the morning when all the birds are greeting the new day with their beautiful song.
- Call me crazy, but I’ve decided that my beloved pup, Duke, has enough to say that I’m devoting a day a week here to him. He’ll share pictures, his thoughts, maybe a short (or long) story. It’ll be every Saturday, but we’re calling it…Duker-day!
Jamie, from From My Classroom Window (who also happens to be my daughter☺) tagged me and gave me two awards. Thanks Jamie! I already have one of them and here’s the other:
I’m supposed to tell you seven random facts about myself, tag people and pass the award onto five people. Let’s see…can I think of seven random facts that I haven’t already talked about here:
- Daisies are my favorite flower.
- I can count on one hand the number of nights Jim and I were away from our kids while they were growing up. I don’t regret it, but now that they’re adults I’m cherishing the times Jim and I can get away on our own for a weekend.
- I wonder why, at 50, I know what I want and I can get there, but I just don’t…(I know what I mean!)
- It’s easier to think of seven negative facts about myself than it is the more random or positive ones I’m trying to come up with. And it’s taking waaaay too long to think of them!
- I wrestle with the fact that, for the first time in over 25 years, I don’t volunteer for anything. I enjoy the freedom, but feel a little empty.
- I feel my children are my greatest accomplishment. Other than that, I often feel that I have failed in most other aspects of my life.
- I used to be a cat person, but then Duke came along.
Okay…who to tag and pass the award to?
- Debbie at Debbie’s Digest
- Retired Knitter at My Next 20 Years of Living
- Delores at thefeatherednest
- Julie at Empty Nest Insider
- Just Stuff From A Boomer
You know I hate picking people. Maybe that should be another random fact about me…